In line with 112th Prison Day, a great event was held in front of the commemorative monument at the Welikada Prison to commemorate Prison officers who sacrificed their lives while on duty with honour, love and gratitude.
Hon. Attorney-General of Democratic, Socialist, Republic of Sri Lanka, Jayantha Jayasooriya, participated as the Chief Guest to the occasion. Commissioner General of Prisons Mr. Nishan Dhanasinghe, Commissioner of Prisons (Administration) Mr. H.M.T.N.Upuldeniya, Commissioner of Prisons (Supply) Mr. J.A.Gamini Jayasinghe, Commissioner of Prisons (Operations, Intelligent and Security) Mr. J.A.Tissa Jayasinghe, Commissioner of Prisons (Industry and Vocational Development) Mr. S.K.U.Shantha Fernando, Commissioner of Prisons (Rehabilitation ) Mr. Emil Ranjan Lamahewa, Some retired Prison Commissioners, Superintendents and Assistant Superintendents of all Prisons in Sri Lanka, Some Chief Jailers, Officers of Prisons were participated to this event.
Following late officers were commemorated with floral offerings with love, honour and gratitude.
1. Mr. Deepal Zoysa - Assistant Superintendent of Prisons
2. Mr. H.Wimalathunga Perera - Class 11 Jailor
3. Mr. S.R.Wijerathna - Class 11 Jailor
4. Mr. M.Jeynulabdeen - Class 11 Jailor
5. Mr. K.Sivakumar - Sargent
6. Mr. K.L.G.Ariyadasa - Sargent
7. Mr. Jinadasa Biyanwila - Sargent
8. Mr. J.U.Niroshan - Sargent
9. Mr. Y.V.Amaraseena - Sargent
10. Mr.B.Piyadasa Biyanwila - Sargent
11. Mr. R.L.Sumanadasa - Guard
12. MR.Siril Jayasinghe - Guard
13. Mr. S.Tharmiken - Guard
Chief Guest, Hon. Jayantha Jayasooriya made a special speech that those who sacrificed their lives defending the prestige and good name of Sri Lanka Prison Service will eternally live in our hearts and commemoration is the great noble event to pay our honour and gratitude to them.